Thank you for your interest in bringing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) opportunities to high school students in the Philippines!
We will be as brief as possible on this summary page and provide links to more information.
Take a look at this graphic from VEX Robotics – the robot system used in my classroom for the last 15 years…..They are asking educators like me, “What are you doing to help solve the global STEM crisis?”
We share the vision of the Philippines’ National Science and Technology Plan 2002 – 2020 which is to reduce poverty and to foster a vibrant culture of science and technology in the Philippines. How? By bringing VEX robots to local high schools in areas that lack, starting with Dumaguete City High School in Negros Oriental. (NOTE: if you desire to support this initiative at a different school in a different area of the Philippines, that can be done! Please see the contact info at the bottom of this page and call or email me)
SHORT TERM GOALS
We are seeking funding as follows:
- $8500 – VEX Robotics Swept Away Classroom Bundle including shipping and tariffs
- $ 500 – Local Filipino teacher stipend to run a robotics after school program for one year
- $ 300 – Promotional materials for end of year robotics competition (See video here )
- $1200 – One week Robotics Seminar for teachers and students in Dumaguete, Summer 2018 (Trainer airfare only)
- $1500 – One Year Scholarship for one student to study Mechanical Engineering at Silliman University
LONG TERM GOALS
After a successful first year of Robotics at Dumaguete City High School, we seek to
- Secure sponsors for the club to enter the International VEX Robotics competition the following year in Manila. This would entail the purchase of further robotics parts and travel expenses for Robotics Club team members.
- Expand the scholarship program for more students to pursue Engineering at local universities.
- Encourage the city, school district, local businesses and university to contribute to the continuing costs of the club.
- Multiply the program into other schools in Dumaguete and into other areas of the Philippines.
Please note that all curriculum development, ongoing communications, training, and program management are provided free of charge by Church at the Beach IB as a ministry of the church. All donations to this program are tax deductible and 100% of donated funds will be used for the stated goals. Our tax ID number is 27-2752666.
CHECK: Make a check payable to Church at the Beach IB and send it to C/O Eric Fischer, 730 Holly Ave, Imperial beach, CA 91932. Include a note stating your donation is for The Philippines Robotics Initiative.
PAYPAL: Send your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are further details of the Initiative. Please feel free to contact me at my school email email@example.com or call me on my personal cell at 619-865-3823. Please leave a message if I do not pick up and I will get right back to you.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU